Most of us who have children work very hard to protect them from danger! Warnings like "Look both ways when crossing the street," or "Don't talk to strangers," are part of a Mom or Dad's daily routine. But in order to protect your child from the DANGER OF TOOTH DECAY, here are a few tips that may help you save their beautiful smiles from harm!
1. Get a child's spin toothbrush which can be very effective for removing plaque and bacteria
2. Have them brush to the "beat" of a favorite little song; 2 minutes is recommended
3. Give them colorful flossers made just for children, and encourage them to clean between their teeth
4. SAY CHEESE! And eat some too, as the protein in cheese--casein--helps prevent tooth decay
5. Be aware of sugary foods. Starchy or high carb foods stick in the grooves of the teeth and cause decay. Sugar is NOT the only offender, chips, crackers and cereal bars need to be washed down with a glass of water
6. Start early to teach your child effective dental health habits so you can enjoy their SMILES every day!