Whether you use just plain soap and water or anti-bacterial gel, here is how to get the most from your hand washing:
1. WATER - Start with warm water to help with the lathering. Water hot enough to kill germs will probably burn you!
2. SOAP - Touchless pumps are most desirable as bars of soap can harbor germs from others
3. LATHER - Lather the palms, between fingers, under fingernails; scrub around nailbeds and then do your thumbs and wrists.
4. JEWELRY - Remove or jiggle jewelry and wash around and under rings.
5. RINSE - Thoroughly rinse all soap from hands, the whole process should take about 20-25 seconds.
6. DRY - Use an electric dryer if available. The next best choice is a paper towel. Cloth towels can harbor germs.