Posts for tag: Untagged
Your gums are every bit as important as your teeth! Not taking proper care of them can lead to multiple problems. Are you aware that nearly half of Americans age 30 and older have some form of gum disease?
Teeth are anchored into the jawbone, but it is the gum tissue that covers and protects the bone. Healthy gums are usually a light pink, uniform color. Bright-red gums and bleeding are a sign of inflammation caused by left behind bacteria. Poor brushing or flossing is the main reason bacteria linger. Think of your tooth as a box, with a top and four sides. Only flossing can effectively clean the sides. When bacteria remain on the teeth and cause inflammation, eventually the gum tissue shrinks away and leaves the bone underneath vulnerable to erosion. Teeth will eventually loosen and fall out.
In addition to efficiently brushing and flossing, a periodontal dental exam and a professional cleaning and flossing at 6 month intervals, will help remove the plaque and buildup you may have missed.
Whether you use just plain soap and water or anti-bacterial gel, here is how to get the most from your hand washing:
1. WATER - Start with warm water to help with the lathering. Water hot enough to kill germs will probably burn you!
2. SOAP - Touchless pumps are most desirable as bars of soap can harbor germs from others
3. LATHER - Lather the palms, between fingers, under fingernails; scrub around nailbeds and then do your thumbs and wrists.
4. JEWELRY - Remove or jiggle jewelry and wash around and under rings.
5. RINSE - Thoroughly rinse all soap from hands, the whole process should take about 20-25 seconds.
6. DRY - Use an electric dryer if available. The next best choice is a paper towel. Cloth towels can harbor germs.
CEREC is a superior method of creating precisely-designed, color matched and highly durable ceramic restorations right in the dental office. Cerec allows you to avoid impression materials, temporaries and multiple dental appointments usually associated with cosmetic dentistry cases.
CEREC delivers top quality restorations in one visit, so you can get back to your busy life. Here's what makes CEREC so special:
* Single visit convenience - no temporaries
* No uncomfortable impression trays
* Beautiful aesthetics - color matched ceramic
* Enamel-like materials - natural look and feel
* Clinically proven - millions of successful restorations worldwide
A CEREC restoration isn't just convenient, it is also healthy. Years ago, dentists could only use amalgam, gold and other materials to fix decayed and damaged teeth. With CEREC, your dentist can use strong, tooth-colored ceramic materials to restore your teeth to their natural strength and beauty. Also, CEREC is chemically bonded to your tooth, so your dentist can save as much healthy tooth tissue as possible, while providing you with a restoration that strengthens your tooth.
Get the smile of your dreams with CEREC.
Here it is, the end of August and Labor Day is fast approaching! Back to school for kids all over the country and a sigh of relief from parents who have been running out of summer entertainment ideas! Preparing your child to go back to school can be transitioned smoothly by following a few tips:
1. See that children get enough sleep by getting back to "normal" bedtime hours. (Suggested 8-10 hours)
2. Lay out clothing and get the backpack supplies ready so there is no scrambling around on the first day; starting out the day with anxiety is stressful for a child and can affect their performance in school.
3. Pack healthy lunch and snack items to keep up energy levels during the day. Fruit, cut up veggies, granola bars, and nuts are good ideas.
4. Freeze milk or low-sugar juice containers the night before to keep the lunch cool.
5. Keep your children in good health by scheduling a routine Dr or Dentist check up. A healthy body and smile can instill your child with the self-confidence needed to meet new friends and teachers.
Make the 2012-2013 school the best and most successful ever for your children!
Our financial partner, CARE CREDIT, is working with us this summer of 2012, to make INVISALIGN treatment VERY affordable for almost every budget!
For a limited time only, our office is offering INVISALIGN EXPRESS or a full case of INVISALIGN treatment for 24 MONTHS INTEREST FREE!
This can reduce your monthly payment by as much as $80 per month!
If you have been considering an evaluation to see if you are a candidate for INVISALIGN, or perhaps postponing the start of your treatment, NOW is the time to take advantage of this SPECIAL OFFER. Call our office today at 856-772-1133.